Overseas Chinese or compatriots from Hong Kong and Macao, who need to stay in Shanghai for more than 3 months for the reasons of employment, study or healthcare shall apply for the Temporary Residence Permit. The procedures are as follows:
(1) Fill in the application form for the Temporary Residence Permit;
(2) submit for examination valid ID and exit-entry certificates;
(3) provide registration forms of temporary lodging;
(4) submit health certificates (those under the age of 15 or those above the age of 70 are not included);
(5) submit four recently taken, two-inch, half-length, bareheaded, full-face, color photos;
(6) submit other certifications related to a temporary stay.
The application will be received, examined and approved by the city/county bureau of public security of the applicants’residence. The certificate will be provided by the Exit-Entry Administration of the Shanghai Public Security Bureau