FAQs of Trips
1. Q: Where can I buy the map of Qingpu?
A: You can buy the map of Qingpu at every newspaper booth. A whole set of the traveling maps can be bought in Zhujiajiao.
2. Q: Are there any interesting scenic spot in Qingpu or nearby?
A: There are a lot, such as the Oriental Land, Zhouzhuang, Xujing, Jinze, Zhujiajiao, Liantang, Fengjing, the Grand View Garden, Meilin and the “Agriculture Experience Garden”. Or you can go a little further like Tongli, Wujiang or Changshu. You can also go shopping in Shanghai Outlets Brand Direct Sale Plaza.
3. Please guard yourself from theft. Please keep your bags in sight and the backpack better in front. Please pay special attention to your valuables as well. Check if the hotel you are going to stay at has a security system.
4. In hot days, please prevent heatstroke and keep cool. You’d better take essential balm, peppermint oil and herbal tea with you to repel mosquitoes and prevent sunstroke.
5. Q: What should I notice when I am going shopping?
A: Bargaining is allowable in stores in Zhujiajiao, but not in the shopping centers like the Outlets. You can compare the different prices in different stores after observing other tourists’ shopping and knowing the prices they paid to buy the goods. Sometimes you can even get a few small commodities at the prices of half of the original ones. What a real bargain!
6. Q: What are the points for attention when visiting a temple?
A: Speaking softly, no wearing of low-necked halter clothes, avoiding the physical contact with the monks, no step onto the threshold and respecting the believers.
7. Please well preserve the certificates taken with you, including the identity card and the air tickets. The foreign tourist shall also keep his/her passport well.
8. Please remember to check the following contents:
(1) whether the name on the air ticket is the same as that on your identity card;
(2) whether your identity card has expired; and
(3) whether the departure time and the information of departure and arrival indicated on the air ticket are consistent with the final journey.
9. Time for arrival of the airport/station:
The passengers taking the airplanes shall arrive at the airport 90 minutes ahead of the departure time. The passengers taking the trains shall arrive at the railway station 60 minutes ahead of the departure time.
10. Please observe the national laws and relevant local regulations. During your visit to the scenic area, please pay attention to maintaining the tidiness and sanitation of the environment of scenic area.